Dashing thru the Snow Audition Information
Director: Emily Taylor
Stage Manager: Maria Kruger
Laughter Opens Friday, January 24th and closes Sunday, February 16th. In the Palace Playhouse 216 W 8th street.
AUDITION DATES: Saturday, Nov. 11, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Possibly Nov. 12, 6:00-10:00 pm.
Callbacks by invitation only Monday, Nov. 13th from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Inspired by the playwright’s youthful experience as a staff writer on Sid Caesar’s Your Show of Shows, with all the attendant comic drama as the harried writing staff frantically scrambles to top each other with gags while competing for the attention of star madman “Max Prince”. Set to the background of the McCarthy era and the fear it instilled in the entertainment community, the show follows the battle that Max has with the network executives over fears that the show is too elite for middle America.
CHARACTER SUMMARY: 7 men, 2 women- ensemble cast
- Lucas Brickman (Male, mid-twenties)- A writer for the show. The narrator who breaks the fourth wall and leads us through the action. He is clever and funny, but shy and trying to prove himself.
- Milt Fields (Male, 25-40)- A writer for the show. He works hard but doesn’t believe he is as funny as most of the other writers. He likes to say he makes up for it with sheer numbers of jokes.
- Val Skolsky (Male, 35-50)- Head writer for the show. He is a Russian immigrant who has embraced being an American. He is more deadpan than many of the other writers but commands attention. (Requires a Russian accent)
- Brian Doyle (Male, 25-35)- A writer for the show. He is a heavy drinker, a heavy smoker, and a dreamer. He is always on the verge of selling a screenplay and moving to LA.
- Kenny Franks (Male, 30-45)- A writer for the show. He is neat and more sophisticated than the others. He’s been doing comedy since he was a teen.
- Carol Wyman (Female, 25-35)- The only female writer of the show. She is quick-witted and strong. She defends herself quickly in the room of men and has no patience for their lack of awareness.
- Max Prince (Male, 30-40)- The host of the show. He is involved in every step of the show. He is a commanding presence with a personality that can change on a dime.
- Helen (Female, 25-35)- Max’s secretary. She is good at her job and does not try to shield Max from anything. (supporting character)
- Ira Stone (Male, 25-40)- A writer for the show. A high energy hypochondriac with a streak of brilliant madness.
AUDITION FORMAT: Auditions will consist of 1 prepared comedic piece (60 seconds or less). This can be a monologue or a personal anecdote. It does not need to be fully memorized, but please be familiar enough with it to look away from your script. Callbacks will be by invite only and will consist of cold readings from the script.
REHEARSAL INFO: Rehearsals will begin on or around Monday, December 9th. Rehearsals are typically Mon-Thurs from 7-10 pm and Saturday from 1-5 pm.
Auditions are scheduled online via the Palace website. You will fill out the audition form, sign up for a time, and fill out the conflict calendar, as well as upload a headshot and resume any questions should be emailed to email@example.com
You will receive an email confirming your appointment. If you are unable to attend the audition times, please send us an email and we will try to work with you to schedule an alternative time.
Click HERE to fill out the form
Background checks: Everyone involved with the production must submit to a background check at the Palace’s expense. If you are cast, you will receive a secure link where you can fill it out. There is no cost to you.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre is a 501c3 non-profit organization. There is no compensation for any of the actors.
We practice non-traditional casting, and all roles are open. All ages, abilities, gender, and ethnicities are encouraged to participate.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.