Job Title:SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Georgetown Palace Theatre Education Program
Supervision received from: Education Coordinator
Coordinate with: Productions, Operations, Teachers, Parents & Students
JOB SUMMARY: Assists the successful preparation for and operation of evening and weekend workshops
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with website maintenance
- Interest and experience working around children
- Team player, cheerful, positive, optimistic, and confident
- Attention to detail
- Excel in fast paced, customer service oriented environment
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Preferred candidates should have at least 3 years’ experience in nonprofit or theatre administration or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Provide administrative support to the Education Coordinator
- Act as primary point of contact for teachers and parents during workshop hours unless another is designated to fulfill those duties (Within the hours 4 pm-9 pm Sunday-Thursday and 8 am-1 pm Saturdays)
- Prepare class materials and sign in sheets
- Manage classroom usage and appropriate set up
- Aide instructors in procuring necessary class materials including props, costumes, and other supplies
- Generate reminder and informational emails for parents (pre-workshop, first day, and performance)
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding workshops and Palace Scholarship program
- Monitor and report enrollment numbers to Education Coordinator to insure appropriate staffing numbers
- Facilitate continuing dialogue with parents and students to monitor class interest for ongoing program development
- Collect and verify timesheets for payroll purposes
- Prepare and verify deposits
- Work with Education Coordinator to plan and implement end of session performances, including scheduling and playbill creation
- Monitor facilities for any maintenance or janitorial issues
- Occasionally monitor children
- Other duties as assigned
WORK HOURS/COMPENSATION: 20+ hours/week, September 1st- May 31st (school year position), $10/hour
TO APPLY: Send letter of interest, resume detailing education, office and theatre experience, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “School Year Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Job Title: EDUCATION COSTUMER (CONTRACT)
Supervision received from: Education Coordinator and Properties Manager
Coordinate with: Staff, Parents, Students, Instructors, Actors, Directors
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Georgetown Palace Theatre seeks a COSTUMER for a CONTRACT POSITION for the Education Program beginning immediately. Applicants will be responsible for design, implementation, and fittings of all costumes for performances associated with the Palace Education Program and of management of costumes during and after performances. We are looking for a candidate who is willing to jump into a schedule that produces two educational productions (student actors) and one professional Theatre for Youth show (adult actors) each semester, plus a full summer of musical theatre and acting courses. We set a high standard of quality and look for applicants interested in contributing to the process in a fast paced environment. Sewing, time and inventory management skills are a must.
Interested parties can apply for some or all shows. Information on summer costuming is listed under Summer Workshop Positions.
* This position reports to the Palace Education Coordinator and is supervised by the Palace Costume and Prop Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires advanced knowledge in the field of sewing and costuming. Ideal candidates will have documented experience in costuming mid-size shows and/or children’s theatre. Candidate must be comfortable working independently and within an established budget. A bachelor’s degree in costuming or technical theatre is preferred.
- Working with directors, creating costume plots for casts of 14-22 children.
- Costuming productions by pulling from available stock, altering, or building individual pieces when necessary.
- Cleaning, mending, and restocking used costumes after use.
- Maintaining costume room and available resources.
- Participation in backstage dressing and costume track organization for children’s productions.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is on a per show basis and varies between $200-300 per show with additional compensation for multiple casts.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume detailing costuming experience, website or link to portfolio (if available) and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Education Costumer” in the subject line.
Job Title: THEATRE FOR YOUTH DIRECTOR (CONTRACT)
Supervision received from: Education Coordinator and Artistic Director
Coordinate with: Staff, Stage Manager, Actors
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Georgetown Palace Theatre seeks highly qualified DIRECTOR for a Theatre for Youth production of “Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat” with scheduled performances between March 8th and April 4th, 2016. Rehearsal period to begin in early-mid February. Working with the Education Coordinator and Stage Manager, applicant will be responsible for holding auditions and selecting cast members, collaborating with the technical crew (including lighting, sound, set and costume designer), scheduling and leading rehearsals.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires advanced knowledge in the field of acting and directing. Ideal candidates will have documented experience directing Theatre for Youth productions. Candidate must be comfortable working independently and within an established budget. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Theatre or Directing is preferred.
- Working with Artistic Director, ensure expected quality of a Georgetown Palace Theatre production.
- Collaborate with production team, coordinating research, stagecraft, costume design, props, lighting design, acting, set design and sound design for the production.
- Working with Stage Manager and Education Coordinator, create and publish rehearsal and performance schedules.
- Hold and run all auditions and callbacks.
- Conduct all blocking rehearsals, scene work, run-throughs, and technical rehearsals through opening.
COMPENSATION: This is a contract position. The Production Director will be paid a total of $500 the audition and rehearsal period for ten to twelve (10-12) rehearsals.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume detailing directing experience, website or link to portfolio (if available) and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Theatre for Youth Director” in the subject line.
Job Title: TEACHING ARTIST (SCHOOL YEAR)
The Georgetown Palace is not seeking new Teaching Artists for the school year program at this time. However, if you would like to submit your resume to our Education Department for any future hiring needs, we'd be happy to place your information on file for our next round of Teaching Artist auditions. We are taking applications for SUMMER POSITIONS. Note: The Georgetown Palace's school year and summer curricula are based in Musical Theater but we also focus heavily on acting and technical theatre. Production Workshops are team-taught by a Director, a Choreographer and a Music Director and technique classes are taught by individuals within each specialty. Please send resumes (artistic, teaching, and/or administrative) and headshot (optional) to Gwen Dicapo, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to EDUCATION@georgetownpalace.com.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Georgetown and Williamson County by providing a venue for quality and affordable entertainment and educational opportunities in the performing arts.