Job Title: PRE-PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Supervision received from: Education Coordinator
Coordinate with: Staff, Parents, Students, Instructors, Community
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Georgetown Palace Theatre seeks a Development Manager responsible for the organization and supervision of the Pre-professional Training Program- a year-long program designed to prepare committed and gifted musical theatre students in grades 3-12 for college and/or professional work. The program provides students with inclusive training in singing, dancing, acting, and performance to build and polish audition repertoire and gain experience in ensemble and solo performance.
A successful candidate will have experience in both musical theatre performance and directing and have an interest in Theatre-based educational programming. Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills are a must.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires advanced skills in Musical Theatre performance and instruction, as well as thorough written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates will have professional Musical Theatre experience as well as significant contacts within the Austin theatre community. Interest in working with and around children is a must. Preferred candidates should have at least 3 years experience in professional performance, management and scheduling, or equivalent. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Musical Theatre is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Pre-Professional Training Program Development Manager will organize staff, curriculum, and performances for both the Junior and Senior Pre-professional Troupes while also acting as point of contact for participant families and the Theatre community. Duties include:
- Assess and identify community and individual needs and opportunities for the Pre-professional program and compile findings for reports to primary stakeholders
- Assist the Palace Theatre in developing relationships with prospective Directors, Choreographers, and Vocal Instructors for the developing Pre-professional program
- Working with the Education Coordinator, hire faculty for Pre-professional training program to include: Director for Spring Revue, instructor(s) for pre-professional acting classes, choreographer(s), and vocal director(s)
- Working with the Director, oversee development and final structure of the Spring Revue, including assigning production team responsibilities
- Develop all rehearsal blocks for both the Junior and Senior performance troupes, ensuring that appropriate personnel are scheduled for both coverage and best utilization of rehearsal time
- Attend/teach rehearsal blocks to monitor student and program progress and faculty performance
- Perform outreach activities to encourage prospective students to audition and participate in the program
- Be responsible for program design and implementation, ensuring that solicited attributes are considered
- Working with Education Coordinator, schedule community showcase performances and ensure that troupes are prepared
- Represent the Palace Theatre in the Community in engagement, recruitment, and expansion of the Pre-professional training program
- Other duties as assigned
WORK HOURS: Part time, 150 hours-August to May plus instructional hours, $21.50/hour
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume detailing work and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to EDUCATION@georgetownpalace.com.
The Georgetown Palace Theatre, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Georgetown and Williamson County by providing a venue for quality and affordable entertainment and educational opportunities in the performing arts.