Frequently Asked Questions – SHOW DAY
What is “call time?”
- Call time is 1 hour before the show starts. This is time set aside to get focused, get into costume and microphones, sound check, and let the audience get seated. Please drop off your performer at the designated drop off location. The seating into the theatre will open about 20 minutes prior to show time.
What should I wear?
- All performers should arrive at call time dressed in their base costume. The base costume should be a solid black tank top, a solid black pair of shorts (or leggings), black socks, and black closed toe shoes (sneakers, ballet flats, jazz shoes). If you do not have these items, let us know and we’ll give you some alternatives. Some productions will be require specific shoes, your director will send out information should this apply to you.
What should I do with my hair?
- Ladies hair should be pulled back in either a pony tail, french braid, or double french braids. No flyaways or wispys, please. Use a bit of hairspray or gel to get a polished look.
- Gentlemen should use some product to make sure their hair is done.
What shoes should I wear?
- Black closed toe shoes (sneakers, ballet flats, jazz shoes) are suggested. If you do not have black shoes, regular sneakers will be fine. Please avoid flip-flops, sandals, and crocks. Some productions will be require specific shoes, your director will send out information should this apply to you.
What do I for my makeup?
- There is not a need for heavy stage makeup for our productions. Define the eyes with mascara, define the cheeks with blush, define the lips with a light color of lipstick.
How much are tickets?
- There is no cost for tickets to our Spring Break and Summer camp productions.
How many people may I bring?
- Seating is open for our Spring Break and Summer Camp productions. We do ask you keep the guest number under 8 people. It is first come first serve on seating.
Do I need to sign my child in?
- On Camp Days, please do sign your child in and out. On Show Days, there is not a need to sign in / out. Please bring them at the call time.
Is the performance required?
- While the performance is not required, the camp is based around preparing for the show. If you are going to be out of town for the performance but would still like to participate in the camp, please do let Jesee Smart know as soon as possible (email@example.com). Your performer is still welcome to participate in the camp, however, when casting is assessed it will be taken into account that your performer will not be there the day of the show.